Tuesday, June 30, 2009

tanning products!

Hey guys! I am about to order my tanning products for my show on the 18th!! I would LOVEEE some input. JanTana or Protan?? Any other options?? Also...should I buy one bottle of color or more?? What should I apply it with??

Any advice will be VERYYYYY MUCH appreciated..I'm a newbie :)

5 comments:

Witchazel said...

JANTANA!!!!!! Fabulous stuff, after watching everyone else with the sticky nasty smelly never drying protan I am so glad I went to Jantana. Dries almost immediately smells lovely like apricot, by the time hubby had reached my feet I was able to put my top back on, washes off in the shower and leave a real natural looking tan behind

Melissa Cunningham said...

DREAM TAN!!! or JANTANNA! ive tried almost everything but my choice would be dream tan and backup jantanna-with dream tan it applies kindof like lotion and is very easy to wash off in the shower..you can apply it with a makeup puff-if you go with jantana,you can buy one of those sponge brushes in the arts and crafts section of store and have someone "paint" you...ALSO when applying,STOP at your collar bones in the front-use make up foundation (about 3 or 4 shades darker than your normal for neck and face and in the back,stop at the nape of your kneck-this will save for some embarassing lines after the show-you might want to get a good exfoliator bc sometimes the tanning stuff doesnt come right off-if you dont watch it it will peel off and it will look like you have leporacy!!!lots of moisturizer before and after show.....hope the info helps!

Becca said...

Oh boy. YOu have opened the floor to some major debate!! It seems like everyone has differing opinions when it comes to this. My fiance and all his BB buds have always used plain old paint on protan (it's like a spongy paintbrush applicator) and do like 3 coats the day before, and then one coat that morning. Then, before going on stage, instead of using a glaze he does one coat of dream tan. Good stuff, beautiful bronzey color and he always gets complimented on having the best color on stage...When it came time for me to get on stage, he urged me to use his method but I did not listen. I split a gallon of JanTana hi-def with some of the other girls doing the comp and we had a girl airbrush us. 2 really thick coats the day before. We were practically black by the time the second coat was done, but we looked good on stage. It was messy though, and really smelled awful (not the apricot kind) and came off in my sleep - bad. I woke up the morning of and hand handprints and leg prints from where my body had touched myself. BAH! So I ended up having to put my liquid foundation (i used the darkest color Revlon Colorstay available) to cover it up and it looked fine. My skin was HIT for about a week though. it came off unevenly even though I exfoliated before, and my skin was very dry from it. 2 weeks later for my second comp I used the jantana foam that you apply with the puff and it was much better. Dried fast, came off easy and smelled good. ABBY SAVED MY BUTT THAT DAY! The jantana competiton color (a liquidy lotiony type) that they say is good for stage and photo shoots is NOT the way to go. Here is a link to my experience with that!!

For my next comp I think I am going to do the new 1 coat jantana foam. Supposedly you can apply it the morning of the comp, dries in 10 min and you only need one coat. That would be SO NICE. The other foam worked so well that I am thinking this one can't be much diff.

http://rebeccastaggs.blogspot.com/2009/05/nationally-qualified-1st-place-bikini.html

Therese said...

Sorry I have no input on the subject, but I just made myself LOL because when reading Becca's post I red "Abby SHAVED my butt that day", not SAVED hahaha!

I was like, hmm that's a little weird, but whatever I'm not figure competitior!

Anonymous said...

My best tan was 3 coats of Protan and then 1 coat of JT competition color.

I tried all JT once but sweated it off...it was a mess.